Thanksgiving Baked Apple Pie Apples
- 3 large plump round apples
- 2 apples of any kind, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 sheets of Capello’s Gluten Free Lasagna, cut into ½-1 inch strips lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- So first you gotta core your apples. I wasn’t very good at this, but I did it so I know it’s possible.
- Cut off the tops of your 3 large, plump apples and discard. Remove the inside of each apple with a spoon, being careful not puncture the peel.
- Dice up your other apples, place them in a bowl and toss with coconut flour, maple syrup, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Add those diced apples into each one of your apple “bowls”.
- Now you gotta make the outside crust. I cut my lasagna sheets into strips to make a similar pie look, but you could place a whole lasagna sheet over it as well.
- Place the strips over your apples in any formation and wet the ends of the strips with some water, then press the strips to the apples.
- Sprinkle crust with a little cinnamon.
- Place apples in a 8×8 glass baking dish, add water to the dish to just cover the bottom, then place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until apples are soft and crust has browned.
- Eat up. I don’t really know the best way to eat this so you’re kind of on your own with that one.